N E W S O N G K I D S
Welcome to New Song Kids! We are excited to share helpful information about New Song Kids to serve you. We look forward to knowing your family further!
As you arrive at New Song Nashville, you will see New Song Kids signage that will point you in the general direction of Kids Ministry. In addition, our ushers and welcome teams are available on-site to further direct you as needed.
If you have need of further information or to direct questions to us, please contact us.
- Infants – Kids ages 6-weeks through the age they are toddling and beginning to walk
- Toddlers – Kids who are beginning to be steady on their feet and walk until two years old
- Twos – Kids who have turned two up through the age they are potty trained
- Preschool – Kids ages 3-years old (who are potty trained) through Kindergarten
- Elementary – Kids ages 1st grade through 6th grade
We take safety and security seriously at New Song Kids. We require all team members who serve in New Song Kids to meet the criteria below.
- Must have attended New Song Christian Fellowship for at least 6-months and be a church member.
- Must go through our application process which includes a written application, reference checks, a background check, and the reading and adhering of the policies and procedures outlined in the New Song Kids Ministry Handbook.
- Must be a faithful and consistent attendee of New Song gatherings.
- Must be an active member of a Life Group.
- Must be willing to attend equipping and training sessions for New Song Kids team members.
Sign-In and Sign-Out
We assign a security number to each family at New Song Kids as a way of providing a secure check in and checkout procedure for your child(ren). Parents will need to sign their child(ren) in upon arrival at their child’s class under their security number and out of their class upon dismissal. Children are released to their parents as they present their security number to the team members.
If there is someone your child should not be picked up by at New Song Kids, we have a way to serve your family in this matter. Please talk with our Kids Pastor who will further assist you to ensure your child is only picked up by who you have designated to do so.
Yes! If your child has an allergy or medical situation we should be aware of please let us know as you sign them in. You can affix an allergy or medical sticker to your child which will keep us alerted to their unique allergy or need for your child(ren). At New Song Kids, we are a peanut-free facility so your child should not come in contact with peanut products while there. For other allergies, please follow the guidelines set out below:
- Affix an allergy sticker to your child as they arrive each Sunday and write on the sticker your child’s particular allergy.
- Let us know if you would like your child to receive the snack we are serving that day. See below for a listing of the snacks we offer per age group.
- You are always welcome to bring your child their own snack as long as it is a peanut free food product.
- Infants, Toddlers, and Twos: Gluten Free Cheerios, sliced bananas, and water. This is served as directed by parents. We can also serve your child the snacks, formula, you bring as directed by you.
- Preschool (ages 3 years to Kindergarten): Gluten free Cheerios, sliced bananas, and water
- Elementary (Grades 1 to 6): We endeavor to provide themed snacks each week to reinforce that day’s lesson. For example: Manna from Heaven could be popped popcorn. We strive to keep our snacks as healthy as possible. Please check in with us for that day’s snack selection. Rest assured, we always have a gluten free snack option of Cheerios and bananas available for any children that may have need and again all our snack options are always peanut-free.
We are not authorized to administer any medication to your child while at New Song Kids but, would be glad for parents to do so as needed.
If your child has a more extenuating medical condition, please talk with the Kids Pastor as you arrive where we will work out the best strategy to serve your family and keep them safe.