New Song Christian Fellowship began when God called Dale and Joan Evrist to leave their home state of California after ministering there for 15 years to plant a new work in the Nashville area. In March of 1993, the first home meeting was held with a handful of people, and after six months, New Song moved to its current location in Brentwood, TN in October of 1995. After two decades in the greater Nashville area, we are thankful for all God has done in and through us as we continue to reach out with the good news of Jesus Christ’s love and power.
We are partnering with other churches around the city to see Nashville and Middle Tennessee reached for Christ. Our part in seeing this vision become a reality is to multiply healthy, covenantal communities all over Nashville in order to see souls saved and disciples made. Our hope is to have the gospel for every person and a church for every people/community.
Reaching neighbors, nations, and generations with the good news of Jesus Christ’s love and power.
REACH UP to God through
REACH OUT to Christ’s body and the world through unified, interdenominational, local and world evangelization, that we would make disciples of all neighbors and nations according to Christ’s command. (Matthew 28:18–20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46, 47)
- The Ministry of Prayer and Praise (Matthew 6:6, Psalm 145:2)
The Ministry of Prayer and Praise is about lifting up God’s great name for
who He is and what He’s done and seeking God’s face to discover His will
and then agreeing with it in passion and faith.
- The Ministry of Evangelism and Making Disciples (Mark 16:15-16, Matthew 28:18-20)
The Ministry of Evangelism and Making Disciples is about declaring and
demonstrating the love and power of God’s gospel (good news) in Jesus
Christ and then teaching and training those who repent and believe the
gospel to follow Jesus fully and faithfully.
- The Ministry of Developing Leaders and Multiplying Covenantal Communities (2 Timothy 2:2; Hebrews 10:24-25)
The Ministry of Developing Leaders and Multiplying Covenantal
isabout teaching and training Christ’s disciples to love and
lead those under their care, and increasing and strengthening committed
Christian communities (families, Life Groups, healthy churches, etc.) that
serve others with excellence.
- The Ministry of Compassion and Justice (Zechariah 7:9)
The Ministry of Compassion and Justice is about righteously and
resolutely serving the needs of the least and the lowest, the broken and
the bound, the destitute and the downcast, and the oppressed and the
outcast according to Christ’s heart of love for them and as Christ’s hands
of life to them, spirit, soul
1. The Bible: We believe the Bible is God-inspired and is our ultimate authority (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
2. The Eternal Godhead: We believe God is Triune: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14).
3. The Fall of Man: We believe that man created in the image of God, but by voluntary disobedience, fell from perfection (Romans 5:8).
4. The Plan of Salvation: We believe that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us, signing the pardon of all who believe on Him. (John 3:16; Romans 5:8).
5. Salvation Through Grace: We believe that we have no righteousness and must come to God by receiving the righteousness of Christ (Ephesians 2:8).
6. Repentance and Acceptance: We believe that upon sincere repentance and a wholehearted acceptance of Christ, we are justified before God (1 John 1:9).
7. The New Birth: We believe that the change which takes place in the heart and life at conversion is both real and discernible (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20).
8. Daily Christian Life: We believe that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily, growing constantly in faith (Hebrews 6:1).
9. Water Baptism: We believe that baptism by immersion is an outward sign of the inward work of regeneration (Matthew 28:19).
10. The Lord’s Supper: We believe in the commemoration of Christ’s death through the partaking of bread and the juice of the vine, representing His body and blood offered for our salvation (Luke 22:14-20).
11. The Baptism with the Holy Spirit: We believe that the baptism with the Holy Spirit is given to supply the believer with power to be Christ’s witness in the world (Acts 2:4).
12. The Spirit-Filled Life: We believe that it is the will of God that we walk by the power and the leading of the Holy Spirit daily (Galatians 5:22).
13. The Gifts and Fruit of the Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit has gifts to bestow upon the Christian and that we should show spiritual fruit as evidence of a Spirit-filled life (1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Galatians 5:22).
14. Moderation: We believe that the experience and daily walk of the believer should never lead to extremes or fanaticism (Philippians 4:5).
15. Divine Healing: We believe that divine healing is the power of Christ to heal the sick in answer to the prayer of faith (James 5:14-16).
16. Church Relationship: We believe that it is the responsibility of believers to identify themselves with a local expression of Christ’s church (Acts 16:5; Hebrews 10:25).
17. Civil Government: We believe that governing authorities should be upheld at all times, except in the things opposed to the will of God (Romans 13:1-5).
18. The Final Judgment: We believe that all shall stand someday before God to be judged and there receive eternal life or death (2 Corinthians 5:10).
19. Heaven: We believe that heaven is the glorious eternal home of born-again believers (John 14:1-3; Revelations 7:15-17).
20. Hell: We believe that hell is the place of eternal torment and separation from God for all who reject Christ as the Savior (Revelations 20:10-15).
21. Evangelism: We believe that leading people to saving faith in Jesus Christ is the most important responsibility of the church (James 5:20).
22. Tithes and Offerings: We believe that the method ordained by God for the support of His ministry is by the giving of tithes and freewill offerings (Malachi 3:10; 2 Corinthians 9:7).
The International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
The Foursquare Church exists to glorify God and advance His kingdom. Jesus Christ’s command is to preach the gospel and make disciples of all nations (Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19). Therefore, we are “Dedicated unto the cause of inter-denominational and worldwide evangelism.” “Foursquare” is a Biblical term used of the tabernacle in the Book of Exodus, of the Temple of the Lord in Ezekiel 40:47, and of Heaven, as described in the book of the Revelation. The term “Foursquare Gospel” was given in the inspiration of revival to the denomination’s founder, Aimee Semple McPherson, during an evangelistic campaign in Oakland, California in 1922. It represents that which is equally balanced on all sides, established and enduring. Such confidence in the power of the Gospel is also expressed by the verse, Hebrews 13:8, displayed in Foursquare churches proclaiming, “Jesus Christ the Same, Yesterday and Today and Forever.”
The name “Foursquare” represents the four-fold ministries of Jesus:
The Savior: “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him…” Isaiah 53:5 (Titus 2:14, Isaiah 55:7, Hebrews 7:25, Isaiah 1:18)
The Baptizer with the Holy Spirit: “For John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit… you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:5,8 (John 14:16-17, Acts 2:4, Acts 8:17, Acts 10:44-46, 1 Corinthians 3:16)
The Healer: “He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses…” Matthew 8:17 (Mark 16:17-18, Matthew 9:5-6, Acts 4:29-30)
The Soon-Coming King: “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout… the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (Titus 2:12-13, Matthew 24:36-44, Hebrews 9:28, Luke 19:13, Luke 12:35-37)
For more information regarding the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel, please visit www.foursquare.org.
Membership Seminars take place each quarter. Please see our Events page for details on upcoming Membership Seminars.
If you are interested in our Membership process or becoming a member of New Song Nashville, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.