DAY 1: TRANSFORMED BY JESUS
Leslie Keegel – National leader of The Foursquare Church in Sri Lanka and chair of the Foursquare Global Council
An amazing story of transformation is found in Luke 8:26-39:
Everyone in Gadarenes dismissed the demon-possessed man as a case beyond redemption. According to Luke, the man was naked, out of control and homeless. He was tortured by many evil spirits: they made him break chains that bound him, caused him to hurt himself and made him live all alone.
When Jesus arrived, He focused His attention on the tormented man. Christ was moved with compassion and set him free from the legion of demons possessing him. The community of Gadara saw the once hopeless man “sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind” (v.35).
Jesus did three significant things to change the destiny of a helpless man. First, He focused his attention on the man. Second, He showed him compassion. Third, He set him free. May the Holy Spirit fill our hearts with love to focus on the lost and broken lives, have compassion on them and, intentionally and with much prayer, work toward their transformation.
• Let us pray that we His servants will be empowered by the Holy Spirit to heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free.
• Let us uphold the 50 nations that persecute Christians the most. The top 10 countries where it is most dangerous and difficult to practice the Christian faith
• Pray and intercede for the three billion unreached peoples in our world.
• The United Nations estimates that 795 million people suffer from hunger. Let’s uphold the poor and the hungry in
• The Foursquare Church in Bangladesh and India needs urgent prayer.